YOU can make a difference today– by joining our team of our volunteers. We have a vision of silencing weekend hunger, but to get there, we rely on volunteers like you to help prepare, assemble and deliver one food bag at a time.
Request more information about becoming a volunteer by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
Volunteer Positions Available
Crate Packers (10 hours a month):
Each week before the food bags can be packed Crate Packers prepare the pantry for the Assembly Teams. Responsibilities:
- Submit monthly food order.
- Responsible for food order transport when necessary.
- Manage inventory at food site.
- Prepare crates for Assembly Teams each week.
Food Transporter (2-3 hours a month):
For those with access to a truck, we need assistance with delivering pallets of food around the county to our pantries. Responsibilities:
- Be available to pick up and transport food from Food Bank to an assigned pantry site and/or be available to unload product at an assigned pantry site.
Assembly Teams (1-3 hours a month):
Assembly Team members will assemble food bags and deliver them to the assigned school. Responsibilities:
- Be present at designated packing time.
- Pack plastic bags and load in vehicle for delivery.
- Be available to pick-up food from donation bucket sites and deliver to designated food site.
Pantry Managers (5 hours a week):
Each food pantry requires a Pantry Manager to ensure smooth operation and distribution for their assigned schools. Responsibilities:
- Be main point of contact with designated school liaison.
- Keep Master Lists current at food site for each school.
- Coordinate with Team Leaders, Co-Leaders and Crate Packers when necessary.Special Event Volunteers:Several times a year we need help with preparing for fundraisers, transporting food and other various tasks. If you would like to be a Blessings’ volunteer but are unable to commit to a consistent day and time, this is the perfect job for you!Please sign up below to receive an e-mail each time we are in need of these volunteers.